Fashion Inspiration: The Artist

I'm just back from the cinema where I saw The Artist, the much hyped silent movie. I really enjoyed it, it is a really original idea, has lots of laughs and is a real upbeat movie. There were a couple of points where I thought there could have been a tiny bit of editing. However, my major problem was that I kept getting totally distracted by the lovely outfits, and especially Miss Peppy Miller's (Bérénice Bejo) amazing range of hats. It obviously helps if you are a stunning at Bérénice Bejo, and black and white film is always quite flattering.

I'm a fan of 1920s and 1930s style, and I love hats, so it was win-win. I only hope I can incorporate some of the ideas into my own projects. Just in case you have not been to see The Artist yet, here are some of my favorite outfits;

Lovely hat ...

... with a snappy outfit!


Smoldering looks!        


And just when I thought she couldn't produce another, even more, exciting hat, she pulled it out of the bag with this one.

Comments