Cowltastic

I'm not feeling the love for my summer solstice cardie, I'm not sure what it is. I like the pattern, I like the interesting method of construction and I like what I have knitted so far. Its just progressing very slowly and not really flowing, part of the problem has been the combination of bamboo dpns and boucle wool, which is a sticky combination. I popped out on my lunch hour to get a different pair of dpns, so maybe that will solve the problem.

In the meantime, I've been distracting myself with knitting a cowl. After some wide advice from She Knit Up that Ball, I ditched my original plan to use the Forest Canopy Cowl and went for a simple pattern which would suit the variegated yarn better. The Mochi Plus Zig Zag Cowl turned out to be the ideal pattern, totally by chance where I choose to start the cowl meant the variegated yarn worked out like this -


I think if I started pretty much anywhere else in the ball I wouldn't have got this effect. I love the cowl, it is very soft and warm, also ideal in the current windy weather as there are no ends to flap about like with a scarf.

 



Pattern: Mochi Plus Zig Zag Cowl

Yarn: Colinette Art, Mardi Gras, 1 skein

Needles: 6mm

Comments

  1. You know - I'm still none the wiser as to what this cape is going to look like! Looks amazing from this small sample though!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment