Mystery lace shrug disaster

Two of my friends are getting married in May and I decided to knit a orange lace shrug to wear with a dress I made a couple of years ago for Q's wedding. I found a pattern in Knitting from December 2008, but it was quite hard to tell what the lace pattern was like as it was knitted in kid silk haze, so the pattern was lost in the fluff. I decide to give the pattern a go and see what happened...

It started well, the bottom panel of ribbed lace worked fine, but once I got onto the main lace pattern I kept ending up with the wrong number of stitches. This caused the pattern to get out of place, and without a clear picture of what I was aiming for I couldn't see where I was going wrong. Anyway, I decided I was going to have to rip back and start on the main lace pattern again, sigh, and I was avoiding doing this when I fell in love with a dress in Awear. I decided to treat myself to dress, so now I don't need the orange shrug any more :)
Although I might need a blue one for the new dress, but I'll be using a different pattern!

Comments

  1. Boo for them, really, for not providing a clear picture!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment